Sunday, November 17, 2013

Want to Believe something?

I'm 1/4th of a Century Old! Hard to believe I'm 25 years old now.  I feel as if I have been telling people I was 25 for the last 4 months but now that it is here its hard to believe. 
Go on ask me if I feel 25...
YES, I FEEL OLDER and DIFFERENT now that I'm 25.  I'm 25 and I'm actually trying to adjust to living like a boring adult.  Its been a rough week; early mornings, stressful days, and late evenings.
This year has brought many wonderful challenges and blessings. 

What has happened this year that makes me qualify as an adult in my Book:

May-Oct I worked as a nanny in North/Central Phoenix watching two of the most amazing babies, Aria and Oliver. They brought so much joy and sunshine into my life. I love them and was sad that I had to leave them just a few short weeks ago.  I left my dear babies because I interviewed and was offered a job working in my field of study.  I got job working for Southwest Human development in the Healthy Families department as a Family Support Specialist.  I've finished my second week at the new job... I'm still there!  The company has been amazing to work with; they offer so much training and support to their employees that I cants go wrong.  I will learn a lot on this job, about others and myself.
1. A job working in my field of study and with health benefits.



Since I graduated in May I've been living in Mesa, AZ.  I'm proud to say that I have been living in the same state for over 6 months and the same apartment for almost 4.  I can't say that everyday:)
Now that I'm living in Arizona I'm hundreds of miles away from family.  This does have its pros and cons but for the up coming holidays what am I suppose to do??  This year will be the first time I will not be spending Thanksgiving with family.  I am a little excited about the idea of doing different or starting some of my own traditions, but its the holidays... I'll miss my family.  Christmas is even going to be even more crazy weird.  I will not be able to go back to Manassas, VA this year(So wrong).  My younger brother is getting married in UT so my family will be coming out west for Christmas.
2. Not going home for the holidays.

At the beginning of this year I was able to tie up loose ends with a guy that I had previously dated 12 months prior.  I moved up to Utah to gain closure for unresolved feeling we had for each other.  Many of my closest friends and family members thought I was crazy and out of my mind to move 600 miles for a guy that they did not think was good enough for me.  I will have to say; I may have given up 2 months of my life and postponed some of my plans and goals; but I would not EVER change that decision I made to move up to UT.  I needed that time to change my heart and give me new perspective and learning.  I was not been able to effectively date other men until this closure.  I learned so much about myself and that of who I would like to marry and not.
3. Learning to stand up for myself and be a mature women in addressing difficult situations. I wont let others let me look like an ass.
 My heart has been opened and freed thus allowing me give each man I date a fair chance.  Its amazing to feel like nothing is holding me back.  I would like to mention I met an amazing man this past September.  We have been taking is slow and steady as we get to know each other a little bit more each day. I adore this Newman, that is apart of my life; He has put a smile on my face each and every day! I'm sure grateful he is apart of my life because I am very happy
4. Learning and working on having a healthy mature relationship.













I have been out of college for 6 months thus requiring repayment of student loans.  I just sent in my first check to repay my student loan... Hope paying school off doesn't take forever!
5. Repayment of Loans

This past summer at the beach we did a family 5K... Boy, I felt old.  I ran the 5k without training, oh did I struggle. I just start an outdoor Bootcamp Class at 5:30am M-F.  This will whip me back into shape.  Its hard getting to bed early, expecially since Matt is a night owl... I'm a Corbett I can do Hard things.
6. Need to pay more attention to physical activity and staying active.

:) LIFE IS GOOD even if I am getting older!



1 comment:

Summer said...

It sounds like life is going great! I'm glad you are happy :) miss you!