Sunday, September 16, 2007

Its a wonderful life

Friday night I went to the FIFA Women’s World Cup, It was awesome! USA played against Sweden; we won 2:0! The second game was North Korea against Nigeria, North Korea won 2:0. Nigeria was a dirty mean team and Korea was amazing, they had stragey and were so organized. That game I swear, every play someone was down on the ground, it was wicked intense!
Last night I could not fall asleep it was about 12:30 and I was just thinking about how blessed I am and how great life is right now. Being here and going through this experience has changed me, and I can see it already. Its incredible! People have always told me that this will be the most exciting and fun time in your life, and I never really believed or cared then, but it really is true! I had tears in my eyes just thinking about how wonderful life is. Its not that I have everything I want or things are always going right, but that does not seem to matter in the long run aslong as I’m doing my best.

This is one of my favorite songs, I listen to is all the time
“It’s a Great Day to Be Alive”

And it's a great day to be alive

I know the sun's still shinin' when I close my eyes

There's some hard times in the neighborhood

But why can't every day be just this good? 




Church has been very touching lately, I feel as if I’m a little child or a sponge and just taking it all in and wanting more of what is being said. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true everywhere you go. It’s been amazing to see that, the lord love us all, no matter who we are. In sunday school class we talked all about the atonement, its such a tender subject to so many people as for myself, and every time I read about it or have a lesson on it, my heart is touched and my testimony of it grows and I’m reminded of how much our savior really does love us. Jesus knows what I’m feeling, when I’m lonely, he experienced loneliness when he was in Gethsemane and the apostles kept falling asleep when he needed there support, and he also felt any pain that I have felt in my life. It’s a great strength to know I always have someone to turn to that knows exactly what I’m feeling and going through. The sprit is really amazing when you are tuned into it.
I love my Family, even If I have showed a lack of it in the past. They are really amazing people and are great examples and strengths to me in my life.

5 comments:

delilas said...

My Baby is really growing-up and saving China. You are so sweet and you are amazing yourself. love ya more!! love most! love you infinity!!
:D

Curley Family said...

Wow! It is so awesome that you have the opportunity to do this. Good luck with the rest of the time there in China. This is such a great growing experience for you! Best of luck!

Matt said...

Wow, Look at you Heidi! You are such an impressive young lady. You are a good example to your younger cousins to go out into the big world and be a light wherever you go. Love ya! Susan and family!

ddobek said...

This is so awesome. See I told you....I knew that this would be an experience of a lifetime. I am so glad that you have your blog to share your experiences with us.

ddobek said...

by the way...great songs. I love the Walking on Sunshine. I so remember the movie "Look Who's Talking".

Rascal Flatts released their new CD this week. Is China head of us or behind us in music?? It is an awesome CD.