Friday, August 24, 2007

Being a local


This is me and Zoe on the bus today going to school. I feel like I'm going back in time.
Yesterday was the first day of school for the kids, I was nervous. It was only a half-day and so after the kids went home it was kind of boring but me and Colin (the teacher I assist) were talking about culture and everything but it’s so cool to hear about his point of view and stuff. He told me I need to at lest try being an English teacher, just for the experience, I don’t think I’m up to teaching English especially when I don’t feel confident in knowing all the grammar stuff myself. He is cool! Today was the first full day of school with the kids, it went by so much faster and after the kids left at 2:00ish I basically can do whatever tell 4. I’m getting paid very low but its so worth the experience and all the different kinds of people I am meeting! I’m planning on going to KT tonight with some people from work. KT is Karaoke, a group can rent out a room and have a private karaoke party its what all the locals do on weekends so I’m going to try it out, I hope they aren’t drinking to much or ill be coming home early. I don’t think they have a drinking age here because so many people ask me to go out and get a drink with them, the first time I heard it, it threw me off guard “your got the wrong girl for that buddy”!!
Love from CHINA to the US always!!

3 comments:

delilas said...

Love that foto of you and Zoe. luvs, Mom

Jen said...

Are the Fowlers from AZ, or VA?

Heidi said...

The Fowlers were friends from AZ, I babysat for them when Zoe was just a baby.