Friday, August 31, 2007

Buddha Belly


I totally love this picture!

Saturday the 25th I went with the Fowlers to see the Biggest Buddha in the world! Whoa Dang, I know! We drove about 2 ½ Hours away and it was very humid and hot. We had to wait in line to see the Buddha; I want to say it lasted forever, but only about 2 ½ hours. It was intense let me tell you. About 1/4th of the way into the line the baby had had enough. The line was like an amusement park line back and forth, back and forth, and with Chinese people on all sides of us they wanted to take pictures of us, touch the kids and just stair. Finally we got to the bottom of the Buddha it was such a relief to finally get out of the line. The Buddha was huge and so cute!

I also went through a few different temples, and different people were praying to them, that just seemed so weird to me that they would pray to a statue, I guess its just different!! Once I got home I felt so grimy from just being around so many people, I feel that a lot when I come home and get out of the city. Yesterday right after work I walked up and down the streets for about two hours just checking things out, going in and out of different shops. It was pretty cool, even though I did not understand anything that the sales clerks where trying to tell me, I just smile at them ☺. I wish I had smaller feet; it would be so much easier to buy shoes. It’s so amazing, they have so many different and fun high hill shoes, I just need smaller feet now! Curse my FEET!
Work defenently goes by so much faster now that we are getting in the groove of things, I like work once I get there, I just hate waking up at 6:00 to get ready. Its not like getting ready for school, I actually have to look presentable and look like nice. TGIF Today!! Wha Hoo!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!

5 comments:

leslie said...

The Buddha!! Heidi this is Leslie Blodgett. i don't know if you will get this comment or not because your mom said you can't see the blog in China, but just wanted to say hi. you are awesome and i definitely plan on reading all about your China adventures from now on!

delilas said...

Rub all the buddha bellies you can, it brings good luck. I think! I it is fun anyways so do it. wha I nee! luvs, :D

Leslie said...

Those are amazing pictures, Heidi. I'm jealous of all your fun, but not getting up at 6am. :)
Les.

ddobek said...

Hey Heidi,
Sorry that it has been so long since I have checked out your blog. Wow...it sounds like you are doing great. I am happy to hear that you are adjusting. I am going to send you an email as well.

ddobek said...

thanks for sharing the pictures.