Friday, October 19, 2007

The Great Wall of China

Thursday 12th - Tuesday16th I was in Beijing! I stayed with the Seller family, they were so amazing for taking me in and letting me staying in there home, I could never repay all that they have done for me! They have 3 boys at home and they where all just so fun to hang out with and talk to.
(Josh, me, Brandon and the youngest is Ben)
While I was in Beijing Chris, a friend of the Sellers, was my tour guide around town. He was such a good sport!
(we are cheesy!)
Friday morning we went to the Great Wall, it was so COOL! I picked the perfect day, it was Beautiful weather. The sky tram took us from the bottom of the mountain to the top where the wall was. We walked around for about an hour or so tell I got tired. It was simply an incredible thing to see, the wall just goes as far as you can see.
(That is Mongolia behind me)

Once I was ready to leave we took toboggans back down to the bottom. You get going pretty fast, then the guards yell at you but we just ignore them!
At the bottom I bartered for a t-shirt that said, “I Climbed the Great Wall” and took pictures with some Chinese guys all dressed up as warriors, it was exciting!

No comments: