Saturday, October 20, 2007

Skateboarding in Beijing

After seeing the Wall we went toTiananmen Square and saw some monument and took pictures.
Across the street was the Forbidden City and we walked around there for a while. The Forbidden City was not what I expected; it was huge inside with so much to see. (Im eating ice cream if your wondering!)


(The entrance to the Forbidden City)
After walking through the Forbidden City we were starving. So we were walking trying to get a cab and nobody would pick us up, I guess my beauty scared them, they just couldn’t handle it! So we just ate at some place that didn’t speak a lick of English and neither Chris nor I know Chinese. Ordering was pretty interesting; we ordered the only thing I could say which is Dumplings! Chris insisted on just pointed so something on the menu and so I did that too, and we ended up getting some of the nastiest noodle I have ever had in my life. For all I know they might not even be noodles! We then walked to the Night Market where I tried scorpion. Small scorpions aren’t that bad, its just thinking about what you are eating that gets to ya. We walked by a Cathedral where all these guys were skateboarding and Chris insisted on me borrowing a guy’s skateboard and make a fool of myself trying to ride it. So I did exactly that, but as long as I was having fun that’s all that matters!



When we were walking around a man was selling coconut milk drinks and it looked cool! Coconut milk is not my favorite drink, especially warm but it came in a awesome cup!

No comments: